It has taken me a couple of days to let it fully sink in that it’s January 2015… Now that I’ve accepted it I decided to figure out my bookish/reading/blogging goals and resolutions.
- With the exception of 2015 releases that are continuations of series and of comics/graphic novels, I want to STOP BUYING BOOKS! This is probably a goal most of us book lovers want to achieve, and for the sake of our bank accounts and our sanity, I hope we do. I’ve been seeing on Booktube and Twitter that a lot of people are doing this #0by16, which is essentially reading all of the physical books on their TBR until they have 0 left by 2016. I don’t know that I will be able to get completely down to 0, but I am damn well going to try.
- I set my Goodreads Challenge to 60 books. I think I have between 60-70 books on my physical TBR pile, but this isn’t including 2015 releases that I will definitely be picking up, so I don’t know that I can get to 0… but honestly I’ll be happy if I get close enough.
- I want to start to diversify my reading. New Adult, Adult, Non-Fiction even? Who knows. I have a huge variety of books on my TBR shelves right now it’s just a matter of getting through them. This kind of leads me to my next two challenges.
- I want to read more Classics but I don’t want to force myself to read like 50 or something absurd. So to accommodate I want to read at least 1 per month.
- I also want to dive into Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series! However, it’s kind of intimidating seeing as he has written like 40 books. So again, I’m going to aim for one a month!
- Continue to make my way through the Rory Gilmore Reading List!
- Lastly in my bookish section, I want to participate in as many Read-A-Thons as I can! Starting with the Bout of Books 12.0 that runs from January 5th to 11th!
- I definitely want to get more active in commenting and interacting with other bloggers. I started this blog to connect with other readers and make new friends and I’m really hoping to make good on that this year!
- Keep up on the blogging even when school gets busy! I want to post at least a few times a week and review more!
- I also really want to spruce up the image of my blog and figure out how to become a bit more blog/tech savvy. I kind of just started blogging without having any idea how to make it look like a book blog.
- Stop being so boring! Get outside my comfort zone. Even if this means taking my book and computer to Starbucks or a park… But mostly start saying “yes” instead of “no”. I’m constantly saying no to things that I think will be scary and anxiety-inducing but the truth is I think I need to start facing those things. I’m never going to get anywhere cooped up inside hiding from strange situations.
- Travel more! Explore more! Not necessarily to places half way across the globe (seeing as I’m currently unemployed and broke) but even places in my own country or city.
- Take better care of myself. Exercise my body and my mind. Eat healthier. You know, those typical resolutions everyone always starts in January and then forgets about a few months down the road.
Well, I think I covered just about everything. What about you guys? Do we have any similar resolutions? Also, for those of you who have been blogging for a while, any tips or advice?