Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish!
TOP TEN INSPIRING QUOTES FROM BOOKS
1. “One should never be ashamed to cry. Tears are rain on the dust of earth.” – Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
2. “In the end that was the choice you made, and it doesn’t matter how hard it was to make. It matters that you did.” – Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
3. “It’s al right to love someone who doesn’t love you back, as long as they’re worth you loving them. As long as they deserve it.” – Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
4. “Thomas Edison’s last words were, ‘It’s very beautiful over there’. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful.” – John Green, Looking for Alaska
5. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
6. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
7. “People aren’t either wicked or noble. They’re like chef’s salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.” – Lemony Snicket, The Grim Grotto
8. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
9. “You could rattle the stars,” she whispered. “You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.” – Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass
10. “We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.” – George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
This was so difficult, it definitely took much longer than it should have, but I have so many favourite quotes!!
Anyways, that was a nice break, back to studying!